Thursday, January 12, 2006

First Day

I have got some time to keep you informed about my arrival and first day. I should be going around with the driver and sort out things for my place. An email told me before my arrival that I would be provided a room in the Country Programme Manager's official residence. I only found out one hour ago that the office rented another accommodation for the year. That is why there is nearly no facility in it, no cooker for example. I need to meet the landlord if I want to use the air-conditioning.

What I'm living is surreal. On the first day, I can only follow people (office staff, driver, cleaner) where I am the only white. It's not so much about colour, but culture. I guess after a while I'll be able to be myself and deal with the way of living.

There are many thoughts coming through my mind at the time. I have a lot to tell but writting does not seem easy to describe the whole experience. Baba, the National Advocacy Officer, is going to tell me about his work now and what I'll be doing here. I'll let you know later of course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home