Wednesday, July 26, 2006

After Six Months

Today, I can say I start liking my life in Ghana. Of course, I miss a lot of people (amongst family and friends) but I realise that existence is motsly about trying to please oneself. I think of discovering new horizons in West Africa (Togo, Benin, Burkina, Nigeria, Senegal, Côte d'Ivoire...) and, why not, other parts of the continent (Namibia, South Africa...). I meet so many nationalities in Ghana (from Africa, Europe, Asia, America) that it raises my interest towards the outside world. The more you do or see, the even more you wish to discover...

Last week, I attended a two-day workshop on popular mobilisation around the Economic Partnership Agreements (a very present topic in civil society's current discussions and actions) where I learnt more on the issue as well as I enjoyed participating in it. I spent good times with Senegalese and Burkinabe colleagues and partners. The second evening, we went out to the beach resort, Next Door, eat and dance; then, three of us went clubbing to Tantra.

I notice the difference in my state, probably due to the weather change: no more exhausted. I can also concentrate better, sign that I am adapting, finally, to the environment. My main concern currently is the slow internet connection, impeding on my blog, for example to post photos.

Among the tastes I miss at this moment are apple pies, steaks. It's possible to eat good meat here - A restaurant called El Gaucho serves Argentinian beef - but I can't really afford it. So, I think of those who are worse off than I, and eat/drink fruits such as pinapples, mangoes, orange juice...

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home